Dallas Market Center will feature an array of exhibitors, special events, cooking and product demonstrations as well as a presentation by Bob Coviello, President of HTI Buying Group, during the upcoming Total Housewares & Gourmet Market, June 19-25.
The Total Housewares & Gourmet Market launched in January 2013 and is home to more than 1,500 premier manufacturers of housewares and gourmet products throughout the Dallas Market Center campus including temporary booths, permanent showrooms and the open-daily Gourmet Market, which will unveil its expansion totaling 22,000-square-feet.
Companies relocating within the expanded Gourmet Market include nationally-known companies Carmie’s Kitchen, Lammes Candies, Limited Editions Pelican Bay Ltd. and Wild Hare Designs. In addition, Main St. Shoppe, Mercantile International/ChefPro, Leland & Associates and S.A.L.T. Sisters are expanding their exhibit space. New exhibitors include:
· Artistic Creations – innovative, functional hand-painted items including Festa innovative wine products; cool sack insulated wine and beverage bags and freezable koozies; pocket bottles solving the long-standing problem with standard water bottles
· Chef Works Cutlery – professional and chef’s knives made in Germany of forged construction of surgical steel which extend full length of knife
· Jon Margeaux – beautiful line of pewter accented, dishwasher safe glassware as well as domes, salad bowls, pitchers and other serving pieces
· Le Popcorn & Candy – gumdrop trees, Dutch licorice and more than 50 varieties of popcorn, custom novelty sweet treats for favors, gift baskets and catering
· Winchester Woodworks – bowls, lids, platters and urns crafted from a variety of natural woods from forests of North Carolina and exotic imported hardwoods
Bob Coviello, president of HTI Buying Group, will help lead the educational opportunities at Market. He will present “Philosophy, Art, Science of Buying” on Thursday, June 20 from 9:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. in Trade Mart (TM) 2-2355. Coviello will share his insights to improve and upgrade buying skills to enhance a store’s per square foot performance and increase the bottom line.
Coviello will also present “Building Your Business by the Numbers” on Friday, June 21 from 9:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. in TM 2-2355. In this interactive seminar, Coviello will present how to design the start-up of a business and will discuss key components of a store’s profit and loss performance statement as well as how to be successful at forecasting sales. Both seminars are open to all retailers.
The Culinary Stage in the WTC Hall of Nations will feature live cooking and product demonstrations by high-profile restaurant chefs on Thursday, June 20 through Saturday, June 22. The schedule is as follows:
· Thursday, June 20
Noon – Chef Daneyle McPherson, The Grape
2 p.m. – Chef Anthony Van Camp, SER
· Friday, June 21
Noon – Mike Smith, The Common Table
2 p.m. – Chef Kent Rathbun, Abacus
· Saturday, June 22
2 p.m. – Chef Daniel Pittman, Luck
In addition, the 4th annual Dallas Gourmet Gold Awards will be held on Friday, June 21 at 5:30 p.m. at The Culinary Stage. The Dallas Gourmet Gold Awards celebrates exceptional manufacturers in the gourmet products industry who exhibit in Dallas. The categories include: Best Sweet, Best Fruit Confit, Best Snack, Best Beverage, Best Soup or Chili, Best Condiment, Best Kitchen Gadget, Best Kitchen Textile, Best Tabletop, Best Cookware or Bakeware and Best Small Appliance.